Monday, October 18, 2010

Adventures in Texas





I just got back from my second favorite city in the world--Austin, Texas! I always love going to the book festival down there. Not only is it a chance to meet some wonderful authors, it's often my last chance to experience a little good weather before it gets dreadfully cold here in New York.

This year, there was a big bonus: The chance to participate in a panel that was held in one of the coolest settings ever. (See above.) The room was in the Texas State Capitol Building. I have no idea what kind of business usually takes place there, but I felt very, very powerful. Ha. And the panel itself was pretty amazing. That's me (trying to look tough) with authors Mary Mancusi (Gamer Girl, Bad Blood, Girls That Growl), Andrea Cremer (Nightshade) and Heather Brewer (The Chronicles of Vladamir Tod). And a big thanks to Soren for stopping by!

I'd also like to thank the lovely ladies from Amarillo who saved my butt later in the evening. (And Andrea's and Heather's.) We were stranded at an event. No taxis in sight. Then six heroines appeared in a minivan and offered us a ride to our hotel. If only I could think of a way to repay you . . . (And I WILL repay you. I never forget a good deed.)

(SECRET MESSAGE FOR "ANONYMOUS." I RECEIVED YOUR NOTE, BUT DIDN'T PUBLISH IT. CONSIDER IT DONE. CHECK BACK IN EXACTLY ONE WEEK.)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Ari the Awesome said...

That room would make me feel powerful too. What do you love about Austin TX the most???

4:11 PM  
Blogger MushroomCloud said...

im going to visit texas for thanksgiving. my uncle's family owns Broadway bank down there so we're going there 4 the break

8:56 PM  
Blogger MushroomCloud said...

oh and i love feeling important

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Lucy (girl from minivan) said...

Kirsten you are SO welcome I love your books

6:18 PM  
Blogger Lilian Liu said...

hi Kirsten, I'm almost finished reading the eternal ones. It was great seeing you on saturday! xoxo, Sören

10:39 PM  
Anonymous EQ said...

Why am I reminded of the Governator?

4:02 PM  
Blogger katy in wonderland said...

gah! i missed you! i live in austin!

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you at the book festival again. Go team zombiecorn! Oh, zombiecorn,... that may be interesting.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Btw go team zombie!!!!!!!!!!!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home